Ground Effects technology overcomes a crucial treadmill problem – how to engineer a running surface that is solid enough to provide maximum stability, and pliable enough to absorb high-impact motion.
Most treadmill decks flex like an inverted bow to absorb shock.
That solves one problem—it reduces stress on joints. But it creates a new one—it is difficult to push off, and feels much like jogging in the sand.
We analyzed the problem and redefined high-impact running as a low-impact sport that didn’t have to sacrifice stability, safety, or speed.
The results were a patented low-impact treadmill design that outperforms a natural running surface.
When you run outdoors, the earth provides rock-solid stability. That’s essential for a vigorous, safe running experience. But every time your foot hits the ground, it stresses your knees, ankles, hips, and other joints—creating discomfort that quickly fatigues the body.
Delivering the best at-home treadmill to runners around the world -Precor GFX, found on all of our premium home and professional treadmills, has a revolutionized treadmill deck design with more absorption in the front where your foot hits the belt, added rigidity at the back for a firm push-off, and greater overall stability vital for healthy joints and safe running.
This helps you experience an enhanced workout that:
- Absorbs high-impact movements
- Reduces joint stress and minimizes fatigue
- Supports a solid and controlled push off
How this science works naturally with the human body
- Absorbs shock only where you need it – Precor running decks are secured at the back so you get the greatest shock absorption at the front—right where you need it, where the heel hits the tread—for a smooth, natural running motion. This patented low-impact treadmill design provides maximum lateral stability across the running surface without compromising the give you need at the front for a comfortable workout experience.
- Supports a strong push-off – The Precor running deck ensures enhanced stability to make a strong push off possible. That’s important because, without it, your foot sinks as it pushes off, requiring more energy, increasing fatigue, and diminishing workout results. The Precor patented treadmill deck design provides added firmness at the back so you get just the right balance of hardness and absorption for a solid push off which reduces stress to the joints.
- Adjusts to your individual needs – Precor innovative technology includes triangular-shaped shock absorbers at the front of the deck. This unique feature progressively absorbs impact based on your height and weight. The combination of lateral stability and variable shock absorption means that whether you’re training for a marathon or recovering from an injury— you’re on a treadmill machine that adapts to your build and your workout.
With the slim treadmill design and quite performance of Precor low-impact treadmills, it’s no surprise that Precor is consistently ranked as one of the best treadmills for home on the market. Whether you’re looking for a gym-quality sprint treadmill, or joint-friendly incline trainer for walking, Precor has a home treadmill model for you.
Are you ready to get started? Visit your local Precor authorized dealer or chat with our online fitness expert. We are happy to answer all your questions about treadmills for your home and to help you find the one to best fit your needs.