Integrated Footplant Technology™ takes one simple fact into account—when you run or walk, the speed of your foot changes.
Precor treadmills register your foot speed and recalibrate the belt velocity up to 710 times per second on our premium electric treadmills, reducing the joint and shoe discomfort common with treadmills that interrupt, rather than support, your natural running stride.
The result is a patented smart treadmill technology that fully compliments your natural running stride and delivers one of the best cardio workouts at home possible.
When your heel strikes the treadmill machine running surface, the foot delivers a powerful spike of energy. IFT reads this energy spike and uses the information to make minute belt-speed adjustments as you run. So your running stride remains fluid, which reduces fatigues, creates a greater sense of ease, and promotes a more energetic, aerobic workout.
Precor IFT™ redefines treadmill design by synchronizing machine movements with human motion.
So you experience the best cardio workout that:
- Feels completely smooth and natural
- Reduces joint stress and minimizes fatigue
- Maximizes aerobic benefit for heart and lungs
How this science works naturally with the human body:
- Mimics natural running motion – When running or walking, your foot accelerates and slows during the course of each step. If exercising outdoors, the ground’s firm surface supports the natural acceleration at the beginning of each stride. The Precor smart treadmill technology works with this natural acceleration by precisely adjusting belt speed as the foot hits the deck—supporting the natural motion and preventing drag that can pull your foot backwards as you move forward.
- Harmonizes running speed and belt speed – Precor heavy-duty treadmill design calibrates belt speed so that the treadmill surface shares the benefits of running outside. To do this, equipment software monitors heel strikes and communicates with equipment hardware to adjust motor speed up to 710 times per second on our premium treadmills. The resulting harmony between runner and treadmill means a smooth, fluid, and rhythmic running experience during at-home workouts.
- Promotes cardio workout ease and comfort - Relative Perceived Exertion (RPE) is the difference between how hard your brain says you’re working and how hard your heart actually works. If you’re jogging, the perceived level of exertion drops when impact to your ankle, knee, and other affected joints is reduced. This helps you experience a more comfortable treadmill work out that keeps you motivated and progressing toward your fitness goals.
Are you ready for the best cardio workouts at home? Visit your local Precor authorized dealer. Their fitness experts are happy to answer all your questions about Precor top-rated treadmills and find the one to best fit your needs.